Social Media Policy
The Hawai‘i State Office of the Auditor maintains its Twitter and Facebook accounts in an effort to promote accessibility and transparency. Our office is committed to managing our social media accounts in an independent and unbiased manner.
If you follow our accounts, you can expect tweets and posts about our current audit reports, as well as audit-related news and communications. Our goal is to disseminate audit-related information in a timely, efficient manner, and to provide general information relating to our office.
The Office of the Auditor does not follow other organizations.
The Office of the Auditor will update and monitor its social media accounts during office hours, Monday to Friday, but will not comment on posts.
We will delete a comment, content, or expression (“comment”) that disrupts, disturbs, impedes, is contrary to, is inappropriate for, or interferes with function of and ability of these limited public forums to fulfill their purposes, such as a comment that is:
- Profane or sexually explicit;
- Using an offensive term that targets a specific individual(s) or groups, including a term based on race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation;
- Invasive of a person’s privacy;
- A commercial solicitation or advertisement, a chain letter, or a pyramid scheme;
- Containing personal information such as a driver license number, a social security number, and other information protected by law;
- Disclosing any detail about an ongoing investigation or court or administrative proceeding that could prejudice the process or interfere with the rights or claims of a person or entity;
- Part of or is a repetitive post copied and pasted by multiple users;
- Spam or could constitute spam; and
- Speech for which content-based restrictions are permitted, including incitement, obscenity, defamation, speech integral to criminal conduct, so-called “fighting words,” child pornography, fraud, true threats, and speech presenting some grave and imminent threat the Government has the power to prevent.
We reserve the right to remove any post at any time.
There may be occasions when social media applications are not available. We do not accept responsibility for service interruptions due to application downtime.
Replies & Direct Messages
The Office of the Auditor is not able to reply to direct messages via Twitter or Facebook.
If you would like to contact our office, please email us at LAO.email@example.com or call us at (808) 587-0800. If you would like information pertaining to a past audit, please visit our website at http://auditor.hawaii.gov/.